Welcome to My Blog

A multi -faceted look at one Chinese woman's life. including musings about travelling and family life...

Tuesday 23 February 2010

My son is poorly

I was feeling a little down tonight because my son has a cold and is feeling feverish......
Just wish there was something I could do to make him feel better.
'Mummy' he says to me tonight 'I love you'.....
My little baby is slowly but surely growing into an independent and clever little boy.....gone are the days he used to bounce up and down in his cot repeating 'Mummmeee - hee ' in the mornings!     Gone are the days I changed his nappies, spoon fed and toilet trained him.....Gone are the days he was a little toddler.  Ryan will be 4 in June.   It only seems like yesterday he was born.

I was telling him about 'big school'.....we'd visited our local primary and the principal actually took us on a tour around the P.1 classrooms.  I am nervous about how he will react and cope on his very first day at 'proper school'.....I suppose I won't be the only one who'll be worrying- it's a huge milestone.   And, a big change when you think about it.  My baby will no longer be a baby.       Omg I even remember my own first day at school - how horrendous that was.

No comments:

Ryan sings......