Welcome to My Blog

A multi -faceted look at one Chinese woman's life. including musings about travelling and family life...

Wednesday 20 October 2010

5 reasons why we should be more compassionate as a race....

  • Ever hear of the phrase 'Today, give a stranger one of your smiles, it might be the only sunshine he sees all day long'?   - Well, I believe in it strongly.  I truly do.    I know what some of you are thinking, perhaps you have some grievances of your own....the last thing you wanna do is smile at a stranger - but, compassion and love are qualities that need to be cultivated in one's life in order to achieve inner peace.
  • Being kind and considerate doesn't cost a penny (or cent).
  • Thoughts are like a magnet - this theory in the 'self help psychology' department has become an important point.  When I was a lot younger the American authoress Louise Hay (of the famous book 'You can heal your life') influenced my life and saved me from the darkest depths of depression...her theory is simple, if you think happy thoughts, you have more chance of being happy, if you think dishonest thoughts, then you will not acheive real honesty in life and so on.  So, in a nutshell your thoughts will come back to you like a boomerang!
  • We are all equal...yet different. We are all like counterparts of huge gigantic kaleidoscope.  So, everybody has their own unique qualities.  (Lousie Hay's books radiate love and I highly recommend her works to anybody who is in need of  any form of 'healing').  What I'm saying is...do we really gain anything by judging people?
  • I dislike violence/crime/war of any sort.    I grew up seeing my parents go through an unhappy marriage and often domestic violence was a problem.  And, it disturbs me greatly to see such suffering in the world. Why can't we all get along?  World peace can become reality if we believe in it enough, in fact anything is possible!..Therefore becoming more compassionate should be compulsory for everybody.
What do you think of these ideas?

No comments:

Ryan sings......