Welcome to My Blog

A multi -faceted look at one Chinese woman's life. including musings about travelling and family life...

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Operation Christmas Child Project

I don't know how many of you have heard of this project, I found out about it from my cousin's wife...

The charity Samaritans Purse organises this project and it's basically a scheme whereby you fill a shoebox for a child (toys , stationery, hygiene items etc) and it gets sent overseas to needy children, to a variety of under-privileged places.

I am a very creative person and the thought of doing shoeboxes filled me with excitement, so much so that I hardly slept a wink last night thinking about the joy I could bring to a child with these shoeboxes!!


This morning I went out and bought toys, pens, stickers, gloves and hat, sweets etc.. for my shoeboxes.....the list goes on!!  The most important thing is to get yourself some standard sized empty shoeboxes (about 30 cm x 18 cm x 13 cm ), so that no child will get a smaller one than another...

The scheme also lets you print a barcode which you can place inside your shoebox - and the charity will email you to tell you which country your shoebox will end up in (usually around December - February time)

To find out more and/or take part  click here for link

I hope you will find this as exciting as I have!!







Happy Shoe boxing!!!



No comments:

Ryan sings......